TMT Ferrule Technology
The TMT ferrule format is based on the proven alignment structure of MT-16 ferrules used in MPO-16 applications. Engineered for durability, the novel shoulder features ensure precision polishing combined with the mechanical integrity needed for repeated insertion and extraction cycles.
MMC Connector Solutions
Fujikura’s MMC connector licensed from US Conec is a Very Small Form Factor (VSFF) multi-fiber optical connector designed for termination of single-mode and multimode fiber cables up to 2.5mm in diameter. The MMC connector employs novel TMT ferrule technology harmonized with the MT-16 alignment structure. Individual connector access in the most extremely dense connector environments is easily accomplished using revolutionary DirectConec™ push-pull boot technology.
• 3x cabling port density over the MPO format
• DirectConec™ push-pull boot for effortless connector insertion and extraction
• Proven MT-16 mechanical and fiber alignment structure
• Compatible with standard 250 micron OD and pitch optical fibers
• Low-loss, IEC Grade B insertion loss performance (0.25dB 97% random intermate)
• APC for both SM and MM applications
• Tested to Telcordia GR-1435
• Cables up to 2.5mm OD
• Standard cabling industry infrastructure support including One-Click™ cleaners, polishers, interferometers, and optical testing equipment
MMC Jr. and Adapter/Receptacle
The smaller footprint of the MMC Jr. connector maintains a robust connection while minimizing valuable space consumption on the boards or behind module/panel walls.
• Optimized for:
• On-board Optics
• Module Applications
TMT Ferrule Technology
The TMT ferrule format is based on the proven alignment structure of MT-16 ferrules used in MPO-16 applications. Engineered for durability, the novel shoulder features ensure precision polishing combined with the mechanical integrity needed for repeated insertion and extraction cycles. In addition to MMC applications, TMT ferrules are ideal for on-board fiber management, as well as incorporation into transceivers and hardened connector embodiments.
• 16 fibers at 250 micron pitch
• Compatible with 250, 200, and 165 micron fibers
• Intermateable with MT-16 technology at less than 25% of the size
• Low insertion loss for SM APC and MM APC applications
Ever-Increasing MMC Ecosystem
Fujikura and US Conec partners with industry leading vendors to develop components and equipment necessary to enhance the installer and end user experience.
• One-Click™ cleaning tools
• Polishing equipment
• Test and inspection equipment
New Applications Require a Reduced Format Connector
Next generation architectures are driving the need for optical connectivity solutions which cannot be met with the status quo. 51.2T switching for 500m reaches now requires fiber counts exceeding density capacities of the MPO format. MMC Applications include:
• Co-packaged Optics and on-board connectivity
• High bandwidth transceivers
• Maximum density, low-loss, pre-terminated cabling infrastructure
1,152 fibers in 1RU using MPO-16 adapters
1,152 fibers in 1RU using MMC adapters
*DirectConec™ is a trademark of US Conec Ltd. One-Click™ is a trademark of Fujikura Ltd.